Saturday, January 14, 2012

Welcome to CVS 101



Lets me try to make things simple for you.

* First of all, I am assuming that you have a CVS near you. If you are not sure, you can check here.

* You need to apply for a CVS card. You can do this in store or online. I did mine in the store because they let you use it right away.

* When you checkout, always scan your card first all deals are tied to your card.

* CVS has a reward system called Extra Care Bucks or ECB for short. Almost every week they will offer a couple of items that will be completely free after ECB's. This means that you will buy the item now, and get a coupon printed on you receipt for that amount. For example let's say they are offering M&Ms at $0.50 with a a $0.50 ECB's you would pay $0.50 now, and get a coupon for $0.50 printed on your receipt to use on your next purchase just like cash! Which would make essentially free.

* When you are first starting out go slow!! Pick out a couple of items and start earning the ECB's don't go overboard or you will get overwhelmed.

* There are 2 ways to approach your ECB's you can roll them week by week or save them to use as part of a big purchase, I personally like to roll my ECB's each week however there are time when I know cash is going to be tight and I just use them to make the purchase same as cash and not worry about getting any back.

* There are times when the items that featured with ECB's also have coupons that can apply. This is where the fun starts, let's go back to the M&M deal above. Now say I just clipped a coupon for $0.25 off 1 pack of M&Ms using the coupon and my card, I would not only get the M&M for $0.25 but I would still get $0.50 ub ECB's to use on my next purchase.
Coming out $0.25 ahead that is called Money Maaker or MM.

* CVS also offers many coupons for $4/$20 or $5/$25 and so on. These are another great way to make your ECB's go further and increase chances of a MM scenario.

* (How to get these coupons) Make sure you register your CVS card here make sure you check your email that you used when you register your card. Every so often  they will send out a coupons and they are great MM.

*  Example- I checked my e-mail and CVS sent me  $4/$20 so AirWick was on sale for $5 this week buy $20 worth of AirWick and get $10 ECB, I bought 4 at $5 each total $20.00 I used the $4/$20 that I printed from my email you can also load it to your card and I also used 4 coupons $4/1 AirWick my total $0 making them Free plus it also made me $10.

* Now that I have $10 ECB I can roll the ECB  by buying other products that will print ECB using my $10.

* Make sure you always scan your CVS card in the store at the little red box. Sometimes it will print out some very good coupons you can use and are also MM.

* ECB deals are offered on a weekly basis once you reach the limit you can not do that deal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment